Systems for Automatic Ultrasonic Examination of Non-Ferrous Bars and Ingots
ALUTEST-BB is a completely modern set of equipment based on truly revolutionary principles for an extremely precise and smart examination of bars made of aluminum, titanium, steel, etc.
ALUTEST-BB performs a fully automatic ultrasonic examination of bars for internal defects, their automatic conductivity measurement, sophisticated marking and sorting. All the functions meet the strictest internationally accepted norms.
The ALUTEST-BB series achieves multiple inspection tasks:
- Detection of internal imperfections in rolled, drawn, or cast bars such as: laminations, non-metallic inclusions, porosity, shell, sponge, pipe, worm holes, cracks, etc.
- Detection of surface and sub-surface defects;
Typical Specification of bars to be Tested:
- Diameters: 5 mm – 1000 mm;
- Length: from 500 mm;
- Material: stainless steel; aluminum, titanium, cooper and alloys;
Main Ultrasonic Testing Parameters
- Test Sensitivity:
- For internal imperfections: equal to FBH 0.4*;
- For surface imperfections: equal to notches 0.2 mm x 10 mm (D x W);
*Depending of material to be tested
Ultrasonic Testing Standards:
Density of Ultrasonic examination, test procedures, acceptance criteria, data processing and representation adhere to multiple international and local standards such as: AMS-STD-2154, NADCAP, BSS7055 (Boeing), EN2004-2, AMS 2630, prEN4050, ASTM D857, EN2004-2, BAC 5439-3 (Boeing), ASTM B594, ASTM E2375 – 08 (2013), IGC 04.25.116, ABP 6-5232 (Airbus)
Testing and acceptance criteria can be customized based on client specific needs and new standards.
Type of Applied Multichannel Ultrasonic or Eddy Current probes:
- UT phase array probes;
- UT probes with arrays of piezo-crystals;
Eddy Current probes.