Systems for Automatic Ultrasonic Examination of Non-Ferrous Plates and Ingots
Set of automatic testing equipment ALUTEST-PL is intended for fully automatic, very fast, extremely smart, and precise ultrasonic and eddy current examination of plates (cast and rolled) according to the strictest internationally accepted norms.
ALUTEST-PL is based on application of the Array and Phase Array technologies allowing a reliable detection of as small as 0,8 mm defects through the whole plate thickness with quite little untested zones.
The plates to be tested can be made of different metals such as aluminum, titanium, steel etc.
The ALUTEST-PL series achieves multiple inspection tasks:
- Detection of internal imperfections in rolled plates, ingots, and slabs such as: laminations, non-metallic inclusions, porosity, shell, sponge, etc.
- Detection of surface and sub-surface defects;
- Precise wall thickness measurement;
- Plate Geometry Monitoring.
Typical Specification of bars to be Tested:
- Width: 1000 mm – 6000 mm;
- Length: from 1000 mm;
- Thickness Range: 3 mm – 800 mm;
- Material: carbon steel; stainless steel; aluminum, titanium, cooper and alloys.
Main Ultrasonic Testing Parameters
- Test Sensitivity:
- For internal imperfections: equal to FBH 0.8*;
- For surface imperfections: equal to notches 0.2 mm x 10 mm (D x W);
- Wall thickness measurement accuracy: +05 mm;
- Capacity of Testing: 200 s (calculated for plate 4 m x 12 m)
*Depending of material to be tested
Ultrasonic Testing Standards:
Density of Ultrasonic examination, test procedures, acceptance criteria, data processing and representation adhere to multiple international and local standards such as: AMS-STD-2154, NADCAP, BSS7055 (Boeing), EN2004-2, AMS 2630, prEN4050, ASTM D857, EN2004-2, BAC 5439-3 (Boeing), ASTM B594, ASTM E2375 – 08 (2013), IGC 04.25.116, ABP 6-5232 (Airbus)
Testing and acceptance criteria can be customized based on client specific needs and new standards.
Type of Applied Multichannel Ultrasonic or Eddy Current probes:
- UT phase array probes;
- UT probes with the array of piezo-crystals;
Eddy Current probes.