Systems for Automatic Ultrasonic In-line Examination of Plates
The EMATEST-PL is an innovative, solutions based fully automated and in-line nondestructive testing system which addresses multiple material condition assessments in metallic plates, coils, weld line skelp, etc., using Ultrasonic, EMAT and/or Eddy current methods on 100% of production, provides valuable information for grading, quality inspection requirements and process control data of production nearer to the process to help eliminate waste from process condition changes.
EMATEST-PL inspects flat product on the production line. Utilizing our advanced intuitive and operator friendly software test results are displayed in the form of a defect map in real-time mode, and simultaneously saves the results on a local or external drive for further evaluation, re-evaluation and analysis.
The EMATEST-PL series achieves multiple inspection tasks:
- Detection of internal imperfections in rolled plates such as: laminations, non-metallic inclusions, porosity, shell, sponge, etc.
- Detection of surface and sub-surface defects;
- Detection of mechanical properties changes (ex: Hard Spots);
- Precise wall thickness measurement.
Typical Specification of Plates to be Tested:
- Width: 100 mm – 6000 mm;
- Length: from 3000 mm;
- Thickness Range: 3 mm – 350 mm;
- Material: carbon steel; stainless steel; aluminum, titanium, copper and alloys;
- Surface Temperature: up to 600 oC.
Main Ultrasonic Testing Parameters
- Test Sensitivity:
For internal imperfections: equal to FBH 2*;
For surface imperfections: equal to notches 0.2 mm x 10 mm (D x W);
- Wall thickness measurement accuracy: +/- 0.05 mm;
- Testing Speed: up to 2 m/s.
*Depending of material to be tested
Ultrasonic Testing Standards:
- Density of Ultrasonic examination, test procedures, acceptance criteria, data processing and representation adhere to multiple international and local standards such as: GOST 22727, SEL 072, ISO 12094, API 5L, ASTM 435, ASTM 578, DNV-OS-F101, EN10160, JIS0901, JIS0801, ISO10893, ISO3183
- Testing and acceptance criteria can be customized based on client specific needs and new standards.
Type of Applied Multichannel Ultrasonic or Eddy Current probes:
- Non-contact array probes, based on the EMAT;
- UT phase array probes;
- UT probes with the array of piezo-crystals;
Eddy Current probes.