Portable EMAT Thickness Gauge
A convenient, compact, sophisticated and innovative field instrument, the EMAT Wall Thickness gauge NKD – 019E «UltraSonic» can be used to measure the thickness of components, pipes, vessels and other metal objects – easily and precisely.
The gauge enables measurements to be taken at a vast range of surface temperatures, going from -20 to +720 degrees Celsius. As a rule, a plastic coatings, paint or limescale on the surface do not affect the results of measurements.
The unique properties of this gauge are caused by the clever use of the principle of electromagnetic-acoustic transduction (EMAT), allowing ultrasonic waves to be generated and received by metal objects without direct contact or the use of couplant. In fact, the gap between the material being tested and the electromagnetic acoustic transducer in the gauge can be as high as 4mm!
Typical Areas of Application :
- Metalwork Industry;
- Petrochemical Industry;
- Aerospace Industry;
- Construction of transport and machinery;
Ship building and reparatory
- Non-contact Thickness measurement of aluminum, ferromagnetic and stainless steel products. Thickness can be taken without a couplant and even if the surface of the test object is rough, dirty or covered with scale;
- Gauging corrosion, erosion, and wear and tear;
- Characterization of mechanical properties;
Detection flaws of 2 mm or lager.
Key advantages of NKD-019 «UltraSonic»
- Intuitive, easy-to-use interface;
- Able to measure objects with an extremely high surface temperature (up to 720oC)
- Able to Transmit and receive ultrasound waves without the use of a coolant and at a distance of up to 4 mm;
- Even units with insulation covers, corrosion or a rough surface can be tested non-destructively;
- Precision to +05 mm;
- Wave speed automatically optimized to test object temperature;
- Measurements can be recorded for future analysis.
Technical Characteristics of NKD-019 «UltraSonic»
- Weight of the deice (with batteries): 1430 g
- Weight of transducer: 178 g
- Overall dimensions (LxWxH): 274 x 168 x 36 mm
- Power Supply: batteries AA type, 8 pieces
- Operation time at brightness of 50%: 12 hours
- Temperature range whilst in operation: -10oC up to + 50oC
- Temperature range of the test object: -20oC up to + 720oC
- Measurement units: mm, in
- Measurement range: 5 – 100mm
- Precision: +05 mm
- Resolution with the single measurement; 01 mm
- Distance to the test object: up to 4 mm
- Transmission rate: 4MHz
- Type of ultrasonic wave: transversal
- Gain: 80dB
- Dead band at 4 MHz: max 4 microseconds
- Pulse repetition frequency: at least 150 Hz
- Languages Available: English, German, Russian.