Systems for Automatic Ultrasonic Examination of Bars, Billets and Rails
Systems of NORDISCAN-BB series are intended for fully automatic ultrasonic examination of bars, billets, rails and wires. The test can be performed on-line or off-line.
The NPORDISCAN-BB series achieves multiple inspection tasks:
- Detection of inner defects, like shrink holes, insulation, blowholes, inclusions, etc;
- Detection of surface and sub-surface defects.
Typical Specification of Bars to be Tested:
- Diameters: 5 mm – 1000 mm;
- Length: from 500 mm;
Material: carbon steel.
Main Ultrasonic Testing Parameters:
- Test Sensitivity:
- For inner imperfections: down to FBH 0.4*;
- For surface imperfections: equal to notches 0.2 mm x 10 mm (D x W)
*Depending of material to be tested
Ultrasonic Testing Standards:
Density of Ultrasonic examination, test procedures, acceptance criteria, data processing and representation adhere to multiple international and local standards such as: GOST-R 52079-2003; API Spec 5CT (Ed. 9), ISO 11960 2004, API 5L (Ed. 44,2008); ISO 3183; GOST 10705-80; GOST 20295-85; GOST R 52079-2003; GOST R 53366 2009; ISO 9303; ASTM E213, etc.
Testing and acceptance criteria can be customized based on client specific needs and new standards.
Type of Applied Multichannel Ultrasonic or Eddy Current probes:
- Non-contact array probes, based on the EMAT;
- UT phase array probes;
- UT probes with the array of piezo-crystals;
- Eddy-current probes.