Systems for Automatic Ultrasonic off-line Examination of Plates
The NORDISCAN-PL series Scanners are intended for fully automated off-line ultrasonic examination of body and edges of plates, coils, slabs, and ingots.
NORDISCAN-PL systems are designed to perform fully automatic high performance inspections of flats outside of the production line on a charging table.
The system utilizes our advanced software and displays the defect map in real-time mode, and simultaneously saves the results on a local or external drive for further evaluation, re-evaluation and analysis.
The EMATEST-PL series achieves multiple inspection tasks:
- Detection of internal imperfections in rolled plates, ingots, and slabs such as: laminations, non-metallic inclusions, porosity, shell, sponge, etc.
- Detection of surface and sub-surface defects;
- Detection of zones of mechanical properties uniformity (Hard Sports);
- Precise wall thickness measurement;
- Plate Geometry Monitoring.
Typical Specification of Plates to be Tested:
- Width: 1000 mm – 6000 mm;
- Length: from 1000 mm;
- Thickness Range: 3 mm – 350 mm;
- Material: carbon steel; stainless steel; aluminum, titanium, cooper and alloys;
- Surface Temperature: up to 250 o
Main Ultrasonic Testing Parameters
- Test Sensitivity:
- For internal imperfections: equal to FBH 2*;
- For surface imperfections: equal to notches 0.2 mm x 10 mm (D x W);
- Wall thickness measurement accuracy: +05 mm;
- Capacity of Testing: 200 s (calculated for plate 4 m x 12 m)
*Depending of material to be tested and its surface condition
Ultrasonic Testing Standards:
- Density of Ultrasonic examination, test procedures, acceptance criteria, data processing and representation adhere to multiple international and local standards such as: GOST 22727, SEL 072, ISO 12094, API 5L, ASTM 435, ASTM 578, DNV-OS-F101, EN10160, JIS0901, JIS0801, ISO10893, ISO3183
- Testing and acceptance criteria can be customized based on client specific needs and new standards.
Type of Applied Multichannel Ultrasonic or Eddy Current probes:
- Non-contact array probes, based on the EMAT;
- UT phase array probes;
- UT probes with the array of piezo-crystals;
- Eddy-current probes;
- High-resolution 2D or 3D Laser profilers