Multipurpose Test Electronics Unit
“SonaFlex” is a unique intelligent ultrasonic testing system with flexible hardware architecture.
The basic Platform can easily be configured to generate all possible types of ultrasonic waves for various general purpose of specific lab and industrial applications. The SonaFlex allows you to create relatively small NDT-systems or for performance of various lab tests.
Typical Areas of Application :
- Internal, surface and sub-surface defects detection;
- Precise wall thickness measurement;
Material properties evaluation.
Type of Applied Multichannel Ultrasonic or Eddy Current probes:
- Non-contact EMAT array probes
- UT phase array probes;
- UT probes with multiple piezo-crystals;
Basic Parameters of “SonaFlex”
- SONAFLEX can be adjusted in order to achieve precise technical goals and fulfil the customer’s requirements:
- Up to 3 frequencies within one unit ranging from 0.5 – 7.0 MHz;
- Different types of sensors can be used for generation and receiving acoustic signals over diverse parameters;
- Up to 16 independent multiprocessing channels may be implemented;
- Single – or multi-channel transducers based on EMAT or Piezo technology, singe element or phased array are applicable for the platform.
- O.to external systems provided to allow easy integration.
Examples of NDT systems based on SonaFlex
Set of Equipment for Mechanized Off-line Ultrasonic Examination of Plates, Strips, and Ingots
The RIDER is a Manual Trolley System with our sophisticated, PC-based, and flexible SonaFlex platform. It examines quality of plates and slabs using ultrasonic waves (UT-test) and/or Eddy Current (EC-test) – according to all modern norms and standards.
Set of Equipment for Automatic Non-Contact Scarfing Quality Monitoring
EMATEST-WSP Scarfing Quality Monitoring System based on a state-of-the art EMAT NDT technology performs in-line inspecting of scarfing quality. Scanning and building a profile of the scarfed surface, EMATEST-WSP can detect over/under scarfing, tool breakage or wear alarm operator when replacement of tool is required.
Knowing the scarfing quality is required to maintain Weld line tolerances, which can effect product meeting requirements.
In many pipe mills, the first point at which the operator can observe scarfing quality is after the cut-off. This may result in large amounts of scrap, or expensive rework of the pipes, all preventable by using EMATEST-WSP